Saturday, October 25, 2014

Changes


Learning of the death of a loved one is cause for pause and reflection.
This evening was no different:  as I was sitting here on my couch watching a movie, I couldn't help but to, quite literally, pause the movie to reflect.

When I'm feeling philosophical and/or nostalgic sometimes I have bible verses pop into my mind that I learned when I was a kid.  
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8:
Verse 1: To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven.

What a powerful way to think of time: as a period to every purpose. 

Life is fragile and should not be taken for granted:
We must instead live life with purpose and what greater purpose is there than love?  

For me, family equals love.  The family that we are born with,  that we make along the way, and that we build through lasting friendships.

This year has been different than the past several years;  our family dynamics are evolving. Some have been exceptional changes--yet others: devastating.  

Regardless of the reason for these changes, the time to every purpose will come.  
We will welcome birth, we will mourn loss, we will laugh, we will cry, we will be angry, and we will forgive...

...all of this in time, to every love.

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Your feedback is always appreciated! :)